Last Updated: December 15, 2009
Wired Reality provides a variety of chat based services through this website and our other affiliated chat-based websites
Wired Reality Websites..
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
When you use Wired Reality’s Websites, we collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information about you.
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as
a specific individual (e.g. nickname, age, IP address, demographic information, or website visitations). We may
collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information from you directly or through the use of standard technologies
described further below.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
While you are able to visit the Wired Reality Websites and remain anonymous, we, or our third party service providers,
may still collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your use of the Wired Reality Websites (e.g. your
Internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and the domain name of your Internet service provider).
Such information may be gathered by methods such as:
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
- Cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive which work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the Wired Reality Websites. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features unavailable to you. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies,
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails. We, and our third party partners and affiliates may use Web Beacons within the pages of the Wired Reality Websites./li>
We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information for the following general purposes: (a) customize the advertising and
content you see; (b) improve our services; (c) fulfill requests for additional products and services; (d) conduct
research; and (e) provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
HOW INFORMATION IS SHARED AND DISCLOSED
We may share and disclose your Non-Personally Identifiable Information with our partners, but we will not rent,
sell, or share information that you may provide to us that is deemed “Personally Identifiable Information”
(e.g. name, address, e-mail) with others except under the following circumstances:
- To trusted partners who work with us under confidentiality agreements;
- In responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- In order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Wired Reality's Terms of Service www.wiredreality.com/termsofuse.html or as otherwise required by law.
- In the case we are acquired by or merged with another company. In this event, we will notify you by posting information on Wired Reality Websites.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post information through Wired Reality Websites’ public forums, that information will be publically accessible. Always use caution in posting such information as it may be used to send you unsolicited communications.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access or disclosure the information we collect. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and electronic security measures.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Wired Reality Websites may contain links to third parties who may provide online or downloadable applications as well as to links to websites outside of our control. These third parties may collect Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information directly from you. In either case, such third parties will have separate privacy policies and data collection practices.
Wired Reality: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them.
SPECIAL NOTICE CHILDREN UNDER AGE 13
We do not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of 13. If it comes to our attention that Personally Identifiable Information has been collected from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have Personally Identifiable Information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us at the e-mail address below.
If you have questions regarding how we protect your information, please contact us at info[at]wiredreality.com.